Student Led Conferences
Posted on February 15th, 2017
On Tuesday, February 28th (3:30-7:30 pm) and Thursday, March 2nd (3:30-5:30 pm) we will be conducting Student Led Conferences for all grades at ALH. At the conference the students will be responsible for demonstrating their learning over the second term to an audience of their parents and teacher/s.
Student led conferences aim to achieve the following goals:
- to encourage students to accept personal responsibility for their academic performance;
- to teach students the process of self-evaluation;
- to facilitate the development of students’ organizational and oral communication skills and to increase their self-confidence;
- to encourage students, parents, and teachers to engage in open and honest dialogue;
- to demonstrate and record student progress over time
You will have a half an hour session scheduled with your child to complete activities in the classroom. Your child will lead you through several classroom stations. You can continue to sign up for interview times on www.schoolinterviews.ca. The event code is: njzwq. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher or the office at 780-632-3113.